Documents for marriage in Denmark for EU citizens
– ID-card/pass or travel pass;
– registration certificate/residence certificate and certificate of family status (must not be older than three months to the date of marriage);
– final divorce decree/death certificate; legalized with the apostille or 3 stamps (Ministry of Justice, Foreign Ministry, Danish embassy/consulate) if not divorced / widowed in EU country.
EU citizens who live outside the EU and wish to marry in Denmark are required to receive a certificate of marital status or an affidavit from the German embassy or a notary from the country of residence (with legalization). At the time of the marriage, the documents must not be older than three months.
Non-EU citizens who have a permanent residence permit, reside in the EU and wish to marry in Denmark should provide the same documents as EU citizens + travel pass and residence permit.
Documents for marriage in Denmark for non-EU citizens
– travel pass with residence permit/Fiktionbescheinigung/visa;
– extended registration certificate with marital status (must not be older than three months to the date of marriage);
– certificate of marital status from the motherland with legalization: with the apostille or 3 stamps: Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Danish embassy/consulate;
– final divorce decree/death certificate; legalized with the Apostille or 3 stamps, if not divorced/widowed in EU country.
! Fiktionsbescheinigung – only with a copy of the previous residence permit (§ 81, para. 4 AufenthG) (cross at the bottom) !
! In Denmark, you can not get married with Duldung, Aufenthaltsgenehmigung, Asylbewerberstatus !
There are exceptions: sometimes you have to submit a birth certificate, in some registry offices you can replace some documents with the others. We have some very special tipps for you, just give us call or drop a message!
+49 (0) 179 396 98 00